Vegan Coconut Chocolate Bounty Spread
- 6 tbsp Bounty spread
- 200gr dark chocolate
- 250gr strong white flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 sachet fast action yeast
- 150ml coconut milk
- 50ml water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- some coconut milk for brushing
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Then add the coconut milk and start to mix, add the water so you have a wet but manageable dough.
- Knead it with the dough hook for 2 minutes, then add the coconut oil and knead for another 3 minutes.
- Tip in to an oiled bowl and leave it to rise for 1-2 hours.
- Once doubled in size, roll out into a rectangle on a floured surface.
- Place about 6 tbsp of Bounty spread and the dark chocolate in a bowl, and quickly flash it in the microwave.
- Now it’s easier to spread the mixture on the dough, coat it evenly.
- Roll the dough up into a log and cut into slices.
- Place in a greased muffin tin or in a large baking dish and leave to rise again for a further 45 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Brush the buns with coconut milk and bake the buns for about 25 minutes until golden.
- For the glaze, mix coconut cream with 5 tbsp icing sugar and spread a tbsp onto each bun and decorate with flaked coconut and cacao nibs.
- Heather Fraser