- 1 box bite sized shredded whole wheat cereal 4 ounces-ish
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion or onion powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese powder
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Add the bite sized shredded wheat to a large mixing bowl. Melt the butter in a saucepan or in a bowl in the microwave.
- Whisk in the Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, granulated garlic and onion, and cayenne pepper. Drizzle this over the bite sized shredded wheat and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread in a single layer on a half-sheet pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, or until crunchy. Toss the cheese powder in while the cereal is still hot.
- Eat warm or let cool to room temperature before transferring into a container with an airtight lid. This is best eaten within a week of being made, and can be re-crisped in a 275°F oven if they start becoming stale.