McVities Digestive Passion fruit Meringue Tartlets
A sour passion fruit curd paired with the meringue topping settles into perfection in a digestive based crust. A perfect combination between sweet and sour in these Digestive Passion fruit Meringue Tartlets.
Ingredients Digestive base:
- 200g Digestive biscuit
- 80g melted butter
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
Ingredients passionfruit curd:
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour, dissolved in 1.5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp (from 3-4 passionfruits)
- 60g butter, chilled, diced
- Crush and ground digestive biscuits. Add melted butter, salt and cinnamon and stir till biscuit is coated with butter. Scoop a few tbsp of biscuit onto tart shells, press flat with thumb and all the way to the sides. Put in the refrigerator to chill it.
- Make Passionfruit curd. Put everything except butter in a small pot. Cook over low heat and stir with a whisk constantly to prevent burns. Once it thickens and starts to bubble, cook for another minute. Remove from heat and add in butter, stir till butter has melted. The curd will look glossy. Pour into the chilled tart shells and let it chill for 1 hour or till ready to serve.
- Make meringue. Fill into a piping bag, snip the tip off. Pipe on top of the curd and use a blow torch to add some magic. Serve immediately.
- Heather Fraser