- 2 x 135g packs Hartley’s Raspberry Jelly Cubes
- Hartley’s Best Raspberry Jam
- 6 trifle sponges
- 100ml apple juice
- 600g mix of summer berries
- 500g chilled custard - we love Ambrosia custard!
- 150ml double cream, lightly whipped
- Separate jelly into cubes and place in a large jug or bowl. Add 285ml boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add 285ml cold water, this will make the jelly double strength.
- Pour jelly into a shallow container.
- Put in the fridge to set.
- Once the jelly is set, cut into 2cm pieces.
- Spread jam onto the trifle sponges.
- Cut the trifle sponges in half.
- Put half the sponge and jelly into the trifle dish and drizzle with half the apple juice. Cover with a third of the fruit and then half the custard. Repeat this process, topping with cream and remaining fruit.