- Serves 3
- 6 chicken thighs, evenly pricked with a knife
- 100ml teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped lemongrass
- 2 tbsp Branston pickle
- 1 birdseye chilli
- 1.5 cup rice
- 1/4 White Cabbage or Sweetheart Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Pickled Leeks (optional)
- In a tray mix together the teriyaki sauce, lemon grass, pickle and chilli.Add the chicken thighs and cover evenly in the marinade.
- Cover in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for a minimum 20 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the chicken in the middle of the oven for 45min, until cooked through, basting with the cooking juices half way through.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Slice the cabbage into thick ribbons and steam for 5 minutes.
- Serve with pickled leeks.
- Keep the gravy for a stir fry noodle or pasta dish. Also delicious with roast potatoes.